How it works?
The main idea of Node.js: use non-blocking, event-driven I/O to remain lightweight and efficient in the face of data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices. Why and When to use Node.js?
- js offers greater performance and speed.
- There is no buffering in Node.js as applications output the data in pieces.
- It is an ideal solution for developing messaging or chatting applications.
- It is also useful for developing heavy-load applications and e-commerce sites that depend on the speed of processing.
NPM – Node Package Manager
- When discussing Node.js, one thing that definitely should not be omitted is built-in support for package management using NPM, a tool that comes by default with every Node.js installation.
- The idea of NPM modules is a set of publicly available, reusable components, available through easy installation via an online repository, with version and dependency management.
Some of the most useful npm modules today are:
- js – or simply Express—a Sinatra-inspired web development framework for Node.js, and the de-facto standard for the majority of Node.js applications out there today.
- connect – Connect is an extensible HTTP server framework for Node.js, providing a collection of high performance “plugins” known as middleware; serves as a base foundation for Express.
- io and sockjs – Server-side component of the two most common web sockets components out there today.
- mongodb and mongojs – MongoDB wrappers to provide the API for MongoDB object databases in Node.js.
- bluebird – A full featured Promises/A+ implementation with exceptionally good performance
- DATA STREAMING
- BROKERAGE – STOCK TRADER’S DASHBOARD
- APPLICATION MONITORING DASHBOARD
- SYSTEM MONITORING DASHBOARD
Difference between Node.js and Asp.net
|Real Time Usage||Many websites exist in today world which had been developed in Asp.net.||Maintenance and Handling of large volumes of customer data|
Basic Flow Traditional vs. Node.js
- js vs Asp.net Core both have its own advantages and disadvantages we can use as per our project requirement
- As we saw that performance of node.js is better to compare to asp.net also notice that bug fixing and maintenances is easy in case of asp.net
- Code readability is easy in case of asp.net so we can easily learn within less time can do development if we are new to both Node.js vs Asp.net languages.
- On the other side if we want better performance in case of multi-threaded application we should use node.js.
- So as per the project requirement, we can choose the language.